Why Choose Family Care Hospital?
When you need surgery, you want the best surgical care, wherever that may be found. But being closer to home reduces anxiety and stress.Luckily, you dont have to choose between quality and comfort: the surgeons at Family Care Hospital, offer safe and convenient care.At Family Care Hospital, you can depend on our skilled team of surgeons to help you decide which surgical option is best for your situation.
In addition to personal care, youll benefit from:
- Technologically advanced operating suites
- Minimally invasive options, including laparoscopic abdominal surgery.
- Family Care Hospital, Department of General & Laparoscopic Surgery provides evaluation and treatment for a full range of general surgery problems. It offers innovative surgical procedures, state-of-the-art technology, and high-quality patient care. The department surgeons refine surgical procedures to provide leading-edge, compassionate care to patients who require surgical services in a wide range of specialties. The department is composed of four divisions: General Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, & Thoracic Surgery.
- The Department of Surgery at present consists of :
- Three consultants, Two Consultant General & Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgeon, one General surgeon and consultant thoracic surgeon.
- One specialist.
- Four Surgical residents.
- Scope of Service
- Inpatients : Wards, ICU, CCU
- Referrals from other departments
- Operating Theater
- The services in the Department are two kinds :
The emergency services are covered 24 hours daily.
Are covered from 8am till 10 pm by consultants and specialist on shift basis.
- Mission Statement
The staff of the Department of General & Laparoscopic Surgery at Family Care Hospital is dedicated to prolonging and enhancing human life through excellence in clinical practice, continuous improvement in medical treatment, teaching and research. We are committed to high professional standards providing quality medical care to all who need it, regardless of their ability to pay. We will accomplish this by working in close partnership with each other, our patients, our community and our colleagues.
Surgical Procedures Being Performed in Family Care Hospital
⊳ Bariatric surgery Sleeve Gastrectomy.
⊳ Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Bypass
⊳ Laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
⊳ Laparoscopic appendicetomy
⊳ Laparoscopic hernioplasty
⊳ Laparoscopic splenectomy
⊳ Diagnostic Laparoscopy.
⊳ Laparoscopic cystectomy for ovarian cyst.
⊳ Drainage of liver abscess by laparoscopy
⊳ Laparoscopic repair of DU Perforation.
⊳ Laparoscopic Biopsies from liver and from the peritoneum .
⊳ Laparoscopic release of Intestinal obstruction a and Adhesiolysis
⊳ Thoracoscopy ( VATS) with different procedure
General Surgery Procedures:
⊳ All Trauma surgeries (viz. splenectomy, liver trauma, viscus injuries..etc.)
⊳ Colectomy for Cancer of the colon
⊳ Breast surgeries (for benign lumps and cancer)
⊳ Gastric & small bowel surgeries.
⊳ Hernia Mesh Repair (Hernioplasty).
⊳ Thyroid surgeries
⊳ Hemorrhoidectomy (open/ Stapled)
⊳ Fistulectomy or Seton insertion
⊳ Open/Closed lateral fissurectomy
⊳ Pilonidal sinus excision.
Thoracic Surgery Procedures :
- Thoracotomy for trauma patients.
- Thoracoscopy (VATS) with different procedure.
Surgical Policy (Patient Assessment)
- After confirming the patient’s need for surgical intervention the plan of care is drawn by the surgeon of the patient.
- Patients and their relatives are informed about the need for surgery, expected outcome, risk involved, prognosis of the patient etc by the concerned surgeon.
- The date and time of surgery is scheduled and the patient is informed to get admitted a day before the scheduled date of surgery for undergoing all needed preparation including the required investigations.
- Patients directly visit the emergency department of the hospital.
- The emergency medical officer on duty immediately attends the patients and undertakes the initial assessment to determine the care needed by the patient.
- In case the patient is in need of surgical care & intervention, the surgeon on call is immediately informed by the on duty doctor.
- The patient is attended by the surgeon who evaluates the patient’s condition and the need for surgical intervention.
- If the patient’s need for surgical intervention is not immediate in nature the patient is admitted for further evaluation prior to the surgery.
Building a healthy environment that supports development for the community. Your personal case manager will ensure that you receive the best possible care.